Croxley Rail Link CMS
The original Croxley Rail Link website was built without any content management interface, meaning team members could not easily maintain or update the vast amount of information about the major infrastructure construction project, including the proceeds of the extensive public enquiry.
We were approached by Arup, a global enginerring consultancy, to retro-fit a content management system to allow easy maintenance, but without altering the existing website design.
The Content Management System (CMS) we built to administer the public-facing website provides team members with a clean and intuitive interface that requires no technical knowledge or training but retains enough power and flexibility to keep the website fresh and pertinent. Key features include:
- A Microsoft Word-style rich text editor to write page body text
- Search engine friendly page URLs
- Automated news listings
- Automatic optimisation and resizing of images, saving time and expense on specialist image editing software and training
- Content publication scheduling and expiry
- The ability to specify page review dates to ensure content is regularly reviewed
- Full versioning and rollback
The website is now much easier to keep up to date. This is especially important as building work on project progresses.
Python, Django, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap.