December, and the web geek advent calendar is back
24ways is back again this year, and already has some varied and useful tips and tricks for developer/designers.
I particulary like Drew McLellan's list of things to help smooth the hand-over between design and development:
- Is the layout fixed, or fluid?
- Does each element cope with expanding for larger text and more content?
- Are all the graphics large enough to cope with an area expanding?
- Does each element have a state for logged in and logged out users?
- How are any custom fonts being displayed? (and does the developer have the font to use?)
- Does each interactive element have error and success messages designed?
- Do all form fields have a label and each form a submit button?
- Is your Photoshop comp document well organised?
- Have you provided flat PDFs of each state?
- Have you provided a colour reference?
- Are we having fun yet?
All good things to think about.